METAL-COR 5XP is an impressive Grade 4 impact, full iron powder cored wire recommended for a wide range of high speed fillet and butt welding applications in all downhand positions.
Combining the high deposition rates of a flux cored wire and the high efficiency of a solid wire, METAL-COR 5XP is ideal for the high productivity fillet and butt welding of mild and medium strength carbon steels requiring high impact strength.
METAL-COR 5XP produces low fume levels. The smooth “spray arc transfer” gives low spatter levels and good weld metal edge wetting for exceptional operator appeal.
1.2mm 15kg Spool – SKU:721552
1.6mm 15kg Spool – SKU:721553
• High deposition efficiency & deposition rates
• Vacuumed packed in foil for protection against moisture
• Product label including Batch Number, P/N and Description,
Size & Weight on the foil
• Spool wrapped in VPI paper and a Silica Gel satchel to prevent
any moisture build up or rusting
• Precision layered wound
• Low level of remaining manufacturing lubricant
• Product labels on both sides of the spool
• Metal-Cor 5XP is Grade-4 with a H4 classification.
• It is designed to run on Mixed Argon+CO2 shielding gases,
ranging from 10-25% CO2.
• For use with lower CO2 concentrations ~10% use a closer
stick out to achieve spray arc (same as MIG Welding).
• Weld layer transitions in multilayer fillet welds are very smooth
• Spatter levels on Metal-Cor 5XP are very low to extremely low
These machine settings are a guide only. Actual voltage, welding current and CTWD used will depend on machine characteristics, plate thickness, run size, shielding gas and operator technique etc.
AS/NZS ISO 17632 B: T494T15-OMA-UH5
AWS/ASME-SFA A5.18: E70C-6M H4
AWS/ASME-SFA A5.36: E70T15-M21A4-CS1
TYPICAL DIFFUSIBLE HYDROGEN LEVELS TO AS3752
<3.5 mls of hydrogen / 100gms of deposited weld metal
TYPICAL ALL WELD METAL MECHANICAL PROPERTIES
Using Argon+ 10-25% CO2
Yield Stress: 460 MPa
Tensile Strength: 560 MPa
CVN Impact Values: >47J av @ -40°C
RECOMMENDED SHIELDING GASES
All welding conditions recommended below are for use with
semi-automatic operation, DC electrode positive using Argon
+10-25% CO2 shielding gas with a flow rate of 15–20 litres/min.