CIGWELD as of September 2021 offers an extended 6 month warranty on any CIGWELD branded machine that has its warranty information registered on the CIGWELD website.
Please register all warranties HERE
This extended warranty is only for the machine and does not include, cables, torches, consumables, or other CIGWELD products. ESAB products are not eligible for the extended warranty.
CIGWELD 6 Months Terms and Conditions
CIGWELD PTY LTD LIMITED EXTENDED WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR CIGWELD POWER SOURCES
Cigweld Pty Ltd (ABN 56 007 226 815) provide the following manufacturer’s extended warranty in relation to any Cigweld power source (the “Product”) that has been purchased in Australia or New Zealand when the Product (i) is determined by Cigweld Pty Ltd to have a defect in its material or workmanship, (ii) it is no longer covered by the Product’s initial warranty and (iii) is registered for an extended warranty.
The warranty period set out in these terms and conditions commences from the date of the sale of the Product by an authorised retailer or directly from Cigweld. To claim under this warranty, the consumer needs to show the date of purchase of the Product which is evidenced by a valid invoice/receipt.
- THIS NO COST EXTENDED WARRANTY:The benefits provided to the consumer in this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies of a consumer under the Australian Competition and Consumer Act 2010, the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and any other laws in relation to the Products to which this warranty relates.This extended warranty:
- covers the Product against faulty materials or workmanship; and
- covers the replacement of a Product, or if unavailable a refund of the price of the Product.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- This warranty only covers the power source and not accessories, torches or filler materials. Any item other than the power source are excluded from extended warranty periods.
- All Products have a standard warranty period, however a consumer must register online to obtain the benefit of the extended warranty, at no cost. There is no cost to the consumer for this extended warranty. Consumers do not have to register any Products to obtain the standard warranty period.
- This Cigweld product warranty and the extended warranty term does not start again if a replacement product is provided, it continues from the original date of purchase.
- A consumer may extend the warranty period, at no cost, for the Products as set out in these terms and conditions, from the date of purchase. To obtain the extended warranty at no cost, the registration process must be completed within 30 days from the date of purchase.
- Failure to register the Product online and/or failure to submit a valid invoice/receipt will void your eligibility for the warranty extension.
- This extended warranty is in addition to your rights at law, and it is not transferrable.
- Please ensure ALL information submitted/uploaded is correct.
- Extended warranty, at no cost, is ONLY available via online registration, offline registration (e.g. mailing in of warranty registration) will not be accepted.
- The Cigweld product warranty and the Cigweld extended product warranty is only applicable to purchases from authorised retailers or via Cigweld directly.
- TO REGISTER, AT NO COST, FOR THE EXTENDED WARRANTY PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
- The first step is to fill out the online form on the Cigweld website.
- After you have created your warranty application, we will send you an email to confirm.
- THE BENEFITS OF PRODUCT REGISTRATION:
- Warranty Claims – In the event that a Product may be faulty, Cigweld, can better facilitate consumer claims.
- Extended Warranty Program: At No Cost – – If a consumer registers a Product within 30 days of purchase a consumer is eligible to extend* the standard warranty, at no cost, upon purchase verification. *Exclusions apply (see below)
- Your Safety + Product Notifications – This allows Cigweld to contact consumers with important Product notifications, including safety information relevant to your Product.
- Confirmation of Ownership – This will provide consumers with a record in case of Product loss, fire, theft, or damage for insurance claims.
- Improved Product Development – This will help Cigweld continue to improve and design Products that meet consumer needs and expectation.
- CONSUMER GUARANTEE:For Products sold in Australia, this warranty is subject to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010. For Products sold in New Zealand, this warranty is subject to the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law and the consumer laws in New Zealand.For major failure, you are entitled to a replacement of or refund for the Product, and reasonable compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. If the Product fails to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have the Product repaired or replaced.
- HAZARDOUS MATERIAL:Consumers are responsible for the proper care and cleaning of their Products.Products that are not clean and/or contain or have come into contact with any hazardous substance (in our sole opinion) cannot be returned to us and will not be accepted for the warranty claim.A Product that has come into contact with a hazardous substance is an Occupational/Work Health and Safety risk.Any Product being sent to us must be cleaned to a safe and satisfactory level. Where a Product contains an unknown particulate/s (such as Asbestos, Silica Dust and other similar hazardous material) you must provide evidence showing the Product has been professionally cleaned.Cigweld reserves the right to refuse the return of any Product which has been exposed to a hazardous substance (in our sole opinion) such as asbestos.
- THIS WARRANTY WILL NOT APPLY IF:
- the Product fault, failure or damage is caused as a direct result of any repairs to the Product made or attempted by an unauthorized service provider;
- the Product is subject to excessive wear and tear. Parts including, but not limited to carbon brushes, bearings, seals and O rings must be regularly inspected so that the wear and tear on such parts do not lead to failure of the Product. For optimum performance, the Product should be inspected regularly;
- the Product has not been used or maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions as provided with the Product;
- the consumer uses the Product in an abnormal manner, for example if the Product is abused, misused, dropped, crushed, impacted with any hard surface, exposed to extreme heat (including fire) or cold, not maintained properly or used after partial failure;
- damage to the Product is caused by sand, water damage, rust corrosion, fire, vermin and/or insect infestation, power outages or surges, or inadequate or improper voltage or current;
- the Product has been modified, incorrectly adjusted or operated, subjected to incorrect electrical supply or inconsistent electrical supply or used with inappropriate accessories;
- the Product is tampered with any way or if the damage has been caused by an extraordinary event or circumstance beyond the control of the consumer or Cigweld;
- the Product’s serial number, as applied by the manufacturer, has been altered or removed from the Product; or
- the Product is purchased from an unauthorized retailer, or the Product is purchased outside of Australia or New Zealand.
- EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES:To the full extent permitted by law, all warranties, conditions and other terms express or implied by statute, custom or common law are excluded. Nothing contained in these terms and conditions excludes or restricts any consumer guarantee, warranty, condition, right or remedy under any statute (including the Australian Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993) which cannot be excluded, provided that, to the extent that the statute permits Cigweld Pty Ltd. is entitled to limit its liability for a breach of a guarantee, condition or a warranty implied by that statute.
- UNDER THIS WARRANTY:
- The Products covered by this warranty will be repaired or replaced, during normal business hours at Cigweld.
- The consumer is responsible for freight costs and insurance costs if the Product has to be returned to Cigweld unless the cost of returning, removing or transporting the Product is insignificant (as solely determined by Cigweld).
- TO MAKE A CLAIM UNDER THIS WARRANTY:
- A consumer may present the valid invoice or receipt and the Product to an authorised retailer or Cigweld.
- For assistance in Australia the consumer should refer to the Cigweld web site or contact the Australian Customer Support line on (+61) 1300 654 674 to obtain further information.
- We may also require further information from you, such as your contact details which can include the following:
- phone number;
- email address.
CIGWELD PTY LTD
71 Gower Street
Preston VIC 3072
Tel: 1300 654 674
Contact during normal business hours.