October 28th, 2020
Business Update – Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Dear valued customers,
The outbreak and recent acceleration of the COVID-19 virus had seen unprecedented changes occurring within the fabrication industry and the broader operating environment. CIGWELD-ESAB is adopting a number of important measures in order to comply with all federal government regulations and protect the health and safety of our employees, suppliers, and customers.
The measures outlined below have been enacted in order to ensure we continue to provide you safety, quality, and service that you have come to expect from us;
- With immediate effect, we have decentralised our workforce with all non-essential operations staff working from home to minimise the movement of personal through our facilities
- We have restricted visitors to our sites in order to minimise the chances of external introduction of the virus
- All incoming freight is being quarantined for a minimum of 72 hours as per health department guidelines
- We have suspended non-essential business travel in line with Government advice
- Travel and customer visits to undertake essential business is ongoing. We will continue to monitor government advice and will advise if this situation changes
- Customer service and technical contact centres are fully operational and can be contacted in the same manner as normal
- All customer collects from our facilities have been temporarily suspended
Please note that all Cigweld/ESAB manufacturing facilities and warehouses are fully operational and our inventory levels of critical items are well above 95%. We are continuing to receive a consistent supply of inventory in order to service our customers.
We will continue to monitor the Federal Government’s advice and issue updated information as it becomes available.
We seek your understanding and wish to reassure you of our commitment to support your needs at this difficult time.
General Manager- South Pacific